1. The low gravity design. This unique design feature is critical for safety. A low center of gravity and a wide stance provides the ultimate stability. When your instrument is at rest with the Willowdrum Design you can literally push your instrument around, front to back and side to side with a good amount of force. The stand's design will prevent the instrument from dislodging. Giving you peace of mind knowing your favorite instrument is in good hands.
2. Perfect angle design. Many stands on the market fail to support your instrument safely because they either allow the instrument to lean too far backward or too far forward. Both extremes are very dangerous and allow the instrument to be all too easily dislodged from its stand. With the Willowdrum Design, this angle is precisely calculated for each instrument to ensure it sits at what we call "zero-gravity". This means that the weight of the instrument is neutral. Leaning at this perfect angle, your instrument stays safely at rest in the stand.
3. There is no need for neck support of any kind. There are 6 contact points where the instrument touches the stand. Each of these contact points plays an important role. Together, they form a triangular grip on the instrument, eliminating the need for a neck support. When excessive stress is applied to the neck of an instrument, very bad things happen. I witnessed this disaster first hand when a good friend of mine, hung her $1000 Martin Guitar on a wall hanger. One year's time passed and the guitar now has a warped neck, an unglued heel and a displaced truss rod. Not good. Don't let this happen to your instrument, it is very easy to avoid.
4. Unique foam padding covers ALL contact points. It enhances the designs ability to "hug" the instrument and serves most importantly to protect the finish of your favorite instrument. The padding is safe on all finishes and will not discolor, mark or stick to the surface. It is the perfect material to aid in supporting your instrument.
5. The stands built here at Willowdrum are 100% handcrafted just like in the good ol' days and just like much of your instrument was. They are made from only the finest select hardwoods and are crafted with an eye for detail. Furniture for you instrument if you will.
I take great pride in every stand that leaves my shop here in Madison, Wisconsin. I am confident you'll agree that the Willowdrum Design is among the best of stands for your instrument.
If the stand I build for you fails to meet your standards in craftsmanship or materials, I will repair, replace or refund the product to your 100% satisfaction for the life it.
It is my personal guarantee to you that the creation you receive is the best today, tomorrow and many years down the road.
I look forward to working with you,
- Aaron J. Grender -
Designer, Craftsman, Perfectionist